Can I live somewhere else?
My mother is overly Christian and hates anti-Christians, like me. She also hates video games, any country other than the US, and profanity. She often nags and yells at me to the point where I have to post on here. I live in Wisconsin, and it is horrible over here. When I was talking to some kids on Xbox live, she tried to pull the plug, but I held her down. The police aren’t an option because they will likely put me in juvenile detention. I can’t move to my father’s because he can get physically abusive on occasion, and my mother is telling me that I can’t get adopted just because I have ADHD. If I run away, she will call the police on me. I have nowhere to go and it’s seemingly hopeless, is the a way I can live somewhere else?
- It is unfortunate when parents and their children have different values; it can definitely make home life miserable when you fight a lot.
- Even though you are disagreeing, first, take a moment to understand your mom’s perspective and where she is coming from. Why her values are a certain way.
- See if you can compromise with her. Instead of fighting or getting aggressive, see if the two of you can have a conversation and meet each other half way. See if your mom is open to counseling, as it can help to have a mediator.
- If you are really determined to live elsewhere, speak to other relatives that you are close to. Definitely do not put yourself in a dangerous situation.
- It can help to speak with an adult that you trust if you are having problems at home. Maybe he/she can offer you some advice on how to go about the situation in the place you live. If anything, having a source of support always helps.
- When did you and your mom start having disagreements?
- How can you talk to her in a way that will open up conversation vs start a fight?
- Who can you go to for help?