I handle whatever life throws at me. I can deal with the stress from my life. I have a decent life, not perfect, but okay. I want to release it in an explosion, a sudden burst of energy, yet I’m incapable of it since I never get pushed to that point. I always release it before I get too angry, but it never entirely goes away. I feel like I have lost my emotions to the point where I have to emulate them.
- It can be frustrating when you bottle up your emotions, especially if you do not get to express them the way you want.
- Think of the positives of releasing negative feelings before you hit your extreme. It seems like you have good self-control.
- There are many healthy ways you can de-stress at let your emotions out with a lot of energy: scream into a pillow, sprint down the street, belt out a rock song! Sometimes, putting out this energy can give you a sense of freedom or release that can help you cope with stress.
- If you feel like you are struggling with your emotions, it can also help to talk out any negative feelings to a friend, adult, or counselor. See what advice they can offer you in your situation.
- What are some ways you would feel comfortable de-stressing?
- What makes you stress out or build up your emotions and how can you deal with those triggers?
- Who can you talk to when you feel emotionally frustrated?