I need help for headaches!
About a year ago I started to get these really bad headaches. I tried Tylenol but it takes three or four to get rid of the pain and that is for about thirty minutes, and then my headache comes back. Recently, they’ve gotten to where I can barely see anything. My glasses don’t help. A few months ago I started to huff and it took away the headaches at first. Now all that does is make me dizzy, gives me a headache, and/or leaves me feeling sick. I also cut myself and have been abused in the past. I still cut but not as often because of volleyball. All I want to do is get rid of these headaches. The other stuff I have got under control. Please help! Thanks!
- It must be tough to be in pain that you do not know how to fix. Rest assured there are other teens out there that know how you’re feeling right now!
- You might try going to a physician and talking to them about the kind of pain you are experiencing. They may be able to help you find the cause, or a more effective way to treat it.
- Huffing is extremely dangerous and can be fatal! Although your headache pain may be temporarily alleviated, you can bet you’re doing more harm than good to your body. You might want to research the effects that huffing has on the brain, especially that of an adolescent.
- Sometimes when we have really strong negative emotions, they can make us physically feel bad. Maybe you could talk to a school counselor about what you have gone through.
- It is good that you are not cutting as often, but there are better ways to cope with overwhelming feelings that do not leave permanent scars. Some people find that talking to a counselor can help them deal with these feelings.
- Who can you talk to about the pain you are going through?
- What are some ways you might deal with your feelings without cutting yourself?
- What would happen if you told your parents or a trusted adult what was going on?
- What do you know about the long term effects that huffing chemicals has on the brain? How do you feel about researching this topic?