Is my calorie app working?
I recently started using this app to track my calorie intake as I want to lose weight badly, so I thought this would be a start. After a few days the app started giving me warning messages telling me that I’m eating too little. But, if I eat more than that then I will gain weight. I normally eat about 1-2 meals per day. I personally do not think that is too bad, it is how I have always eaten. I used to have too many snacks so now I don’t snack at all and just eat a maximum of two meals per day. Yet the app is telling me that I’m under eating. I don’t really know what to do about this. If I eat any more than I currently do then I feel awful about myself. To be honest, even after eating a single meal I normally feel bad about myself so I don’t know what to do
- Pursuing a healthy lifestyle by tracking your caloric intake can be a great idea.
- Although the was created to support a healthy lifestyle it could be that this new app may be causing unnecessary stress and self doubt in your life. Some people find it liberating to simply lose the app and not worry about their caloric intake.
- Moderation is the key to success. By totally eliminating a certain food we often create an insatiable desire to have that food that results in overeating.
- By including a reasonable exercise routine you will be allowing yourself to take in more calories without the fear of gaining weight.
- There are some great written material and programs on nutrition and calorie counting. Remember to leave room for error when using computerized technology.
- How would scheduling an appointment with a nutritionist or dietician help with your plan?
- How confident would you feel tracking your calorie intake manually?
- How would asking a friend or relative who may be having the same challenges to team up with you, help you reach your goals?
- How would you feel about considering seeking a peer mentoring group in your school or community? How do you think your family can help you?