Life Is Hard
I feel like no one cares about me. I am twelve years old and I have a single mom and a step-dad. My biological father is no longer in my life. My mom was awarded custody over me because I was abused by my biological dad at age five. Yesterday was a bad day because my sister went on vacation without me and I feel like my step-dad hates me. Sometimes I ask why I am here and did God put me down here so I can see how miserable life is? My family moved about a month ago and our bills have been tough on us, and we only have food sometimes. My mom is employed at the local jail. I sometimes question if I was not born and my mom did not need to provide for me, would her life be better? I wish I was not a horrible daughter and I sometimes wish I wasn’t born.
- You are very brave to discuss your feelings about your life, your past and your family.
- Life can be hard sometimes and it may seem like things will never get better. Remember that the situation you are in is not permanent and things can improve. You can move forward from where you are.
- It must be hard to think you are a burden to others, but often the way you feel is a reflection of your own stressful thoughts, not the thoughts of others. Try to speak with your mom about your feelings. Let her know you are feeling this way, so she can have a chance to support you. Remember that she wants to give you a better life, which means that she wants you to feel safe and happy, and that she cares about you.
- It definitely sounds like you are feeling sad and need some support. If you can’t speak with your mom, try finding another trusted adult, like your guidance counselor or a teacher to speak with. They may have some suggestions about reaching out to your mom.
- Although you may feel as though you are horrible, that is not the way others see you. Try to be kinder to yourself, you have been through a lot and you deserve to feel good. Think about some things you can do to comfort yourself, even if it’s just watching a favorite TV show, or taking a walk.
- Have you discussed your feelings with your family?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What makes you happy?
- Are there things you can do to help your family out?