My boyfriend doesn’t want to wait
I’m 14, about to turn 15. I lost my virginity to my ex-boyfriend because I thought I was in love with him. However, now my new boyfriend found out that I’m not a virgin and thinks I’ll have sex with him because I have already done it. I don’t know how to tell him that I’m not ready and that I want to wait. I’ve already tried to tell him but he doesn’t listen.
- This problem is more common than you might think. Rest assured other teens can relate to your situation.
- If you are not ready to have sex with your current boyfriend, that is perfectly fine. Just because you engaged in sexual activity with a previous boyfriend does not mean you have to do the same with your current one until you feel you are ready to do so.
- Discuss this with your boyfriend. If he doesn’t listen, firmly tell him that you are not ready and that he needs to accept it. If your boyfriend does not respect that or tries to force the situation, you might want to consider where you stand in your relationship and think about the possibility of breaking up.
- It is important that you do not get pressured into doing things that you are not ready for or don’t want to do.
- If your boyfriend does not respect your decision to wait, what do you think you will do? Would you feel pressured to do so or would you be willing to consider a break up?
- What are some things you could say to your boyfriend to make sure he understands that you are not ready yet?
- Who is someone that you trust that you could discuss this with further?
- What are the potential outcomes of the situation?