I am obsessed with going online and talking with strangers. I have been doing this for a long time and I can’t stop. I am hoping you can help me.
- You are very brave to admit you have a problem and to look for help.
- It might help to have some other things to occupy your time. Ty to find some healthy hobbies or activities that you enjoy that will take your mind off of going online.
- Think about your safety. There are unsafe people online. Always be cautious of what you tell strangers.
- If you are seeking interaction, try to make plans with your friends or consider joining a club or activity that you like where you can meet people with similar interests and begin to build healthy relationships.
- When you are trying to break a habit, it helps to have support. Consider telling a safe adult about this issue, like a parent, relative or teacher at school who can help you.
- What are some other hobbies you enjoy?
- What activities do you and your friends like to do?
- What do you enjoy about talking to strangers online?
- Is there someone close to you that you can talk with instead of going online?
- Who are some safe adults you can share your feelings with?