A few months ago I dumped my boyfriend. There were a lot of rumors going around about how our relationship was a dare just like my previous boyfriend, so I dumped him basically because I was scared. Last week, I realized I made a huge mistake. I have been telling friends that I do not miss him and that I hate him. I was only trying to convince myself that I do not miss him but I do. I wish he was here beside me telling me it is okay and that he loves me. I love him and I do not think I will ever stop. I would tell him I miss him but he is leaving. I made a mistake and I can not take it back. Do not make the mistake I did. Do not leave the one you worked for. Do not leave because of rumors. Talk it through. Please do not be like me.
- Going through a breakup is hard because of the mixture of emotions you experience. Try to stay calm and think of the next steps you can take.
- Talk to a close friend or two. Try to surround yourself with positive energy that can help you through these hard times. Your friends may relate going through a hurtful breakup and give you advice on how to move forward.
- Try to keep yourself busy with activities you enjoy. Read a book, write in a journal, listen to music, join a club, hang out with a friend, or join a sport. Try not to overthink the breakup and focus on keeping yourself happy.
- Be open about your feelings to your ex boyfriend. Allow him to express his thoughts and feelings because he was the other half of this break up. It is okay to end up as friends. As time passes by, your intense feelings for him simmer down.
- What are the benefits of expressing your feelings to him?
- What advice would you give to a close friend in a similar situation?
- Why do you feel the need to hide your true feelings from your friends?