Struggling with Depression
So, I’m not sure what to say here. I’m new to this site. I’m struggling with feeling pretty depressed. I don’t want to tell my friends how I feel because I’m afraid they will treat me differently. I don’t want to tell my parents because I’m pretty sure they would probably just freak out. I don’t want to be treated differently, I just want to talk about it. Can someone please help me out? I feel like I’m going to explode. Thanks.
- It’s great that you are using this website and trying to reach out instead of keeping these thoughts to yourself. Just know that there is always someone you can speak to and this is a great first start!
- Try finding a trusted adult like your favorite teacher or even your school’s guidance counselor to speak about your feelings instead of keeping it to yourself.
- In times like this, it is good to find stress relievers like getting into a hobby, whether that’s playing video games or riding a bike!
- Refer to TeenCentral’s Depression Section under the Learn Tab from the main home screen and check out some of the ways to help deal with depression.
- What are some activities you can do to help you from thinking about what’s causing your depression?
- What good do you think can happen if you tell someone you trust?
- Which do you think is better, speaking to a favorite teacher or speaking to your guidance counselor?